“Paving the road for entrepreneurs to a world of opportunities”
Waswanipi Business Development Conference 2019
November 12 and 13, 2019 – Waswanipi, Quebec
Community Health and Fitness Center
Description of the Conference
The Business Development Conference is a 2 Day event. The primary goal of the business conference is to encourage new business development. Our target market would be those who want to start a business and encourage and assist those who are business owners to expand in the business development of their company.
- Organized a business conference that will meet the needs of those who want to start a business and add to those who are business owners.
- Offer workshops that will help them get started on their businesses.
- Invite funding agencies to do presentation and/or do workshops.
- Invite Special Guest Speakers that will motivate our participants to start a business
- Organize a special roundtable discussion with our entrepreneurs to find out what the needs are.
- Organize a Special Economic Summit for Waswanipi Members to inform our people, entrepreneurs on what projects are happening in the community and present information pertinent to starting a business in Waswanipi.
Day 1 – November 12, 2019 - Business Conference
A day dedicated to presenting information on financing opportunities, grants and other methods of financing. We will be hosting workshops on “Getting your business started” “what you need to know before starting your business” and many others. There will be opportunities for Q & A, during our Panel Discussions of Business owner who will share their successes and challenges. Also we will have Guest Speakers that will share valuable business advice.
Day 2 – November 13, 2019 - Waswanipi Economic Summit
A day dedicated to the community economic development. There will presentation on valuable information on how to do business in Waswanipi. The departments such as economic development, tourism, capital projects and legislative will be making presentation on what to do regarding your business. There will be Guest speakers as well. We are also hosting special roundtable discussions for entrepreneurs. This will be an opportunity to voice your concerns and needs.
The Cree Nation of Waswanipi will also be hosting a Banquet for entrepreneurs on November 12, 2019. It will be a night of networking and entertainment. There will also be business awards recognition.
For more information please contact:
Julie Ann Cooper
Business Development Coordinator
Waswanipi Economic Development Department
The Cree First Nation of Waswanipi
Direct Line 819-431-9788
Tel. 819-753-2587 ext. 322