The Economic Development Department focuses on the community’s growth and expansion of local businesses. It is committed in assisting entrepreneurs in developing viable and sustainable businesses. It encourages them wealth and achievements, growth of knowledge and allows them to improve and govern themselves within the community. It encourages each business to show, display or reflect respect for our culture, our community and for themselves. The department, also, provides data information with a socio-economic database and a community profile. It represents our community’s Economic Structure.
The Waswanipi Economic Development Department strives to promote the positive Economic and Social development of the Cree First Nation of Waswanipi.
Goals and Objectives:
- Create wealth and employment. Education and training, livelihood, and reduce welfare and dependency
- Support Healing as a Nation, Stay Healthy, Friendliness, Love and Hospitality
- Develop a beautiful, prosperous and healthy community.
- Develop Cree Tourism, Cree Owned Businesses and Cree Financial Institutions.
- Develop Sustainable Natural Resource opportunities.
- Preserve our values, pride, respect, our language, livelihood, culture and way of life.
- Promote Self-Governance
Waswanipi Economic Development Department.
Tel: (819) 753-4000
Fax: (819) 753-2299
Economic Development Officer:
Marlene S. Dixon (Interim) - Ext. 323
Vacant- Ext. 340
Vacant - Ext. 322