Waswanipi Brighter Futures & Mental Health Programs
Brighter Futures & Mental Health, Health Canada funded programs, aim to deliver culturally sensitive programs and resources at a community-based and community-paced level. The programs are administered by a local Coordinator and are included under the Social Development Department.
Coordinators are responsible for the overall management; including the development and implementation of the programs while taking into consideration the following components:
- Mental Health,
- Child Development,
- Parenting, Healthy Babies and Injury Prevention,
- Solvent abuse and
- Mental Health Crisis.
Our programs are open to all residents of Waswanipi. Some of the programs you may be aware of are:
- Summer Day Camp,
- Pre-Teen after school and evening programs,
- Suicide Prevention Training,
- Babysitters Training Course,
- National Child Day Celebrations,
- Chiiwetau Activities,
- Waswanipi Day Activities, as well
- Contributions to community groups and projects with other Departments and community members.
If you would like more information on any of these programs or have an ideas that you would like to share, please stop by or call us we would be more than happy to hear from you.
See also the Childrens Corner.
Tobi Grant-Administrative Assistant
7 Cedar, Waswanipi
Waswanipi, Quebec J0Y-3C