- To promote and maintain social peace and harmony in the community of Waswanipi.
- To help and administer justice using culturally adapted and restorative approaches which place greater emphasis on healing victims, offenders, families and community at large and which attempt to deal with the underlying causes of problems and offendinf behaviour in the community rather than just the symptons of each.
- To offer alternatives or complements to the mainstream justice system while including people that have been affected by the crime or conflict.
- To encourage social reaction to crime and criminal behaviour that favours accountability, reparation, restoration of balance and the re-establishment of relations among affected individuals.
- To promote understanding and respect of laws and socially accepted behaviours, cultural values, and traditions.
- To assist with the achievement of the purposes set out above, encourage collaborations amongst various community stakeholders which deal directly or indirectly with criminal and social justice matters including but noy limited to the Band Council, health and social services,justice, education and others.
New Police Force under Regional Jurisdiction
Department of the Eeyou Eenou Police Force website www.eepf.ca
Lieutenant Harry Sharl
Tel. (819) 753-2545
Fax (819) 753-2544